28 May 2013

Input Validation in Galaxy

Input Validation in Galaxy

Just wanted to share, Galaxy has nice input validation features, i.e. the following code generates the following error:





And if more complicated validation is required, you can use validation hook :






And the code file should have the following function:

def validate_input( trans, error_map, param_values, page_param_map ):

To display an error message for particular parameter, set:

error_map['param_name'] = "Some message"

And if you print anything in validate_input(), you get the “Log messages” window in Galaxy UI:


2 comments:

  1. Hello, I Read your article. Thanks for sharing such beautiful information, and I hope you will share some more info about IT Service. You wrote really very well, I really like your blog and information provided by you. I appreciate your work. we are technology/news/smartphone company. Visit us: https://techmie.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pro Hiab Logistics we provide professional forklift hire in Botany, NSW, helping businesses move heavy materials safely and efficiently across warehouses, construction sites, ports, and commercial facilities. With a modern fleet of forklifts and experienced licensed operators, our team delivers practical lifting solutions tailored to the demands of busy worksites. Pro Hiab Logistics is committed to delivering safe operations, well-maintained equipment, and responsive service to businesses throughout Botany and surrounding industrial areas.

    ReplyDelete